A debit card which you receive as a client after opening an account at your bank is the basis for a convenient method of payment. With this debit card you can easily withdraw money at the ATM or make payments at the cashier by for example a shop. BNETS manages and maintains the inter-bank network in Suriname. This enables debit card holders of the participating banks to make use of each other’s ATM and POS devices.
The following banks are connected to this network:
• De Surinaamsche Bank N.V. (DSB)
• Hakrinbank N.V.
• Republic Bank (Suriname) N.V.
• De Surinaamse Postspaarbank (SPSB)
• De Surinaamse Volkskredietbank (VCB)
• Coöperatieve Spaar- en Kredietbank GODO
• Finabank N.V
• Trustbank Amanah
Thanks to this collaboration, debit card holders from these banks can use each other’s ATM facilities. You don’t have to visit the ATM facilities of your own bank to withdraw money.
A transaction at an ATM of a bank other than your own bank is called a guest transaction.
When withdrawing cash at an ATM of a bank other than your own bank, a fee of SRD 2.50 will be charged. This amount will be deducted automatically from your account.
Requesting your balance at an ATM with the BNETS logo is free of charge.
Via Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, SMS message or on your bank statement, you can keep track of how often you’ve done guest transactions at an ATM.
Through the inter-bank network, you can also pay at any POS device from another bank. Debit card transactions at the cash register is free of charge!
What are the benefits if you pay with a debit card at a POS devices:
• You don’t need to carry cash around which makes you feel safe
• You don’t have to stand in line at an ATM or at the bank to withdraw cash
• Payments by debit card is much more convenient than looking for the correct change.
• Debit card transactions at the cash register is free of charge!
• Via Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, SMS message or on your bank statement, you can keep track of how often you’ve done guest transactions at a POS device
Ask your bank today for a debit card!
What are the advantages for you as a merchant?
Through the inter-bank network you only need 1 POS device in your company through which you can serve all of your customers.
• A POS device leads to lower costs in storage, security and transportation of cash money.
• You create a safer environment by having less cash money around.
• Debit card transactions at the cash register is free of charge for your client. Paying by debit card stimulates your client to buy more leading to increased sales.
• The use of a POS device improves an efficient operation of your business.
• Via Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, SMS message or on your bank statement, you can keep track of the amount of transactions.
Ask your bank for a POS-device!
BUSINESS PROCESS OUTSOURCING
Furthermore, BNETS offers the financial sector additional services amongst others:
•Shared Cheque Printing. Payments are often made by cheques. BNETS is the exclusive supplier of MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) cheque books in Suriname. BNETS is printing and distributing cheques and cheque books for several banks.
•BNETS prints, seals and distributes daily, monthly or quarterly account statements for clients of several banks.